The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act mandates that all employers across the state insure their employees in the event of an on-the-job injury. With a few exceptions, most employees in the state are covered by this insurance, which should be paid for by the employer.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Injured Workers in York, PA
Workers injured on the job in York may be eligible for a number of benefits, including:
- Wage-Loss Benefits: These benefits pay about 66 percent of your average weekly wages, up to a cap. You may be eligible for these benefits if your work-related illness or injury affects your ability to work and earn your wage.
- Medical benefits: Any necessary medical, surgical, hospital, orthopedic and prosthetic treatments, devices and services related to your injury or work-related illness are covered, as are medications. Your costs may not be covered if you seek treatment outside of Pennsylvania.
- Death benefits: The spouse, minor children, parents or siblings of a worker killed on the job may be entitled to these benefits. Adult children who are under the age of 23, are disabled or are full-time students may also qualify.
- Disfigurement benefits: These benefits are awarded if a worker suffers a permanent disfigurement of the head, face or neck region in a work-related injury.
- Specific loss benefits: If you permanently lose the use of an entire limb or part of a limb, you may qualify for this benefit, which relates to injuries of the feet, legs, arms, hands, toes and fingers.
Resources for York, PA Workers Hurt on the Job
It’s natural to have questions about workers’ compensation after a serious injury. If you need workers’ compensation claim help in York, PA, My Comp Lawyers team members have put together a plain-English guide to workers’ compensation as well as a survival guide and FAQs our workers’ comp lawyers in York, Pennsylvania hear most often. You can browse these and other free resources on our website at any time.
Getting Help With Your York PA Workers’ Comp Case
Sometimes, you need assistance with your case. Perhaps your claim has been denied, your benefits are late, or you’re getting less in benefits than you expected. Or maybe you’re being asked to submit to impairment rating evaluations (IREs) or independent medical examinations (IMEs), a sign your employer is seeking to stop or modify your benefits. Perhaps you are being asked to return to light duty, even though you feel you are too injured, or you disagree with the employer-approved doctor’s evaluation of your condition.
In these and other situations, you may need to work with a York workers’ compensation lawyer to get your rightful benefits.
Contact York PA Workers Comp Attorneys
If you’re looking for a York, PA workers’ compensation lawyer, contact Frommer D’Amico. Frommer D’Amico is a law firm with attorneys who are certified workers’ compensation specialists and who only take on workers’ comp cases representing injured workers.
When you work with a Frommer D’Amico workers’ compensation attorney in York, PA, you do not pay for a consultation or for case management costs, which can save you thousands of dollars. You can start working with us by contacting Frommer D’Amico or calling us at 717-400-1000 for your free consultation.